Welcome to Neuron Pain & Spine Clinic
Neuron Pain & Spine Clinic was founded by internationally trained and acclaimed “Spine, Interventional Pain and Palliative care specialist” Dr. Rajendra Sahoo who has vast experience in practicing pain management over one and half decade. He is internationally renowned for his innovations, skills and training to diagnose and treat chronic and complex pain conditions.
Dr Sahoo has been trained at the renowned University of Toronto, Canada under world-renowned physicians. Dr Rajendra Sahoo is a well-known teacher at national and international level where he teaches and trains young Pain specialists on various aspects of pain assessment, diagnosis and latest treatment options. Dr Sahoo is a regular faculty at European Pain Congress at Madrid.
DR. RAJENDRA SAHOO
MBBS, MD, CIPS (USA), ASRA-PMUC (USA), Pain Fellowship(Canada),Palliative Care Fellowship (IAPC), Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Diploma (USA)
Senior Consultant Spine, Interventional Pain and Palliative Care KIMS, Bhubaneswar
Furthermore, Dr Rajendra Sahoo is the ONLY Pain Physician in India to TWO Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Diploma from 2 globally acclaimed professional bodies- World Institute of Pain (WIP) and ASRA.
After MBBS from MKCG Medical College, Berhampur, Dr Sahoo pursued his MD from the famous Grant Medical College, Mumbai followed by 1-year fellowship in regional anesthesia and acute pain management at the prestigious Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore and then 2-years of Pain Training at Hyderabad followed by 2-years of “Advanced Pain Fellowship” from Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada.
Dr Rajendra Sahoo is a pioneer in the non-surgical treatment of day-to-day “Chronic pain Conditions” like Spondylosis/Spondylitis, Back pain, Slip disc/Sciatica, neck pain, arthritis, joint pain, frozen shoulder, nerve pain, headaches, migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, musculoskeletal pain, ligament and tendon-related pain, heel pain, cancer pain, CRPS, fibromyalgia and other complex pain conditions. The important aspect in Dr Sahoo’s approach is he listens and pays attention to all details and focusses on the “bio-psycho-social model” of pain assessment and treatment. Another highlight of Neuron Pain & spine Clinic is utilization and availability of “Ultrasound Machine” which adds significant value in confirming diagnosis and management of various nerve-related, muscle, joint, ligament and bone pain. Very few Pain clinics in India boast of having an Ultrasound machine and that makes a big difference.
PUBLICATIONS OF DR Rajendra SAHOO
A. International :
- Bhatia A, Sahoo RK. Book review. Waldman’s Comprehensive Atlas of Diagnostic Ultrasound of Painful Conditions. Anesthesia and Analgesia 2017; 124:2084.
- Nair AS, Sahoo RK. Implications of pass-over brachial plexus. Anesth Essays Res 2017.
- Sahoo RK, Nair AS. Ultrasound guided transverse abdominis plane block for anterior cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome. Korean J Pain 2015; 28:284-6.
- Nair AS, Sahoo RK, Ganapathy M, Mudunuri RK. Ultrasound guided blocks for surgeries/procedures involving chest wall (Pecs 1, 2 and serratus plane block). Anaesth, Pain and Intensive Care 2015; 19:348-51.
- Sahoo RK, Nair AS, Kulkarni V, Mudunuri R. Anaesthetic consideration in a patient with giant bilateral lung bullae with severe respiratory compromise. Saudi J of Anaesthesia2015; 9:493-4.
- Nair AS, Kulkarni V, Verma S, Sahoo RK, Reddy PR. One lung ventilation in a patient with tracheostomy. South Afr J AnaesthAnalg 2015; 1(2):1-2.
- Nair AS, Macherla G, Sahoo RK, Verma S. Electrocardiographic changes after lung resection: Case report and brief review. Anesth Essays Res 2015; 9:263-5.
- Sahoo RK, Nair AS. Ultrasound guided injection for plantar fasciitis: efficacy and review of the literature. Saudi J of Anaesthesia2016; 10 (4):440-3.
- Sahoo RK, Jagannathan B, Palanichamy G, Nair AS. Management of perioperative anticoagulation in a patient with protein ‘C’ deficiency and multiple comorbidities for spinal surgery. Anaesth Pain and Intensive Care 2015; 19:495-8.
- Dash SK, Kulkarni V, Sahoo RK, Macherla G, Ravikiran M. Idiopathic Pulmonary Hypertension Induced Thrombocytopenia – A Case Report. J PulmRespir Med 2016; 6:322.
- Sahoo RK, Joshi M, Joshi SD, Rao U. Treatment of bilateral refractory saphenous nerve entrapment neuropathy with pulsed radiofrequency. Anaesth Pain & Intensive Care 2018;22(1):109-111.
- Dhar S, Sahoo RK, Khan ZH, Majumder SKD, Parida DK. Occipital neuralgia in lung carcinoma: A rare clinical scenario case report. Arch Oncol 2018; 24 (1):10-11.
Sahoo RK, Nair AS, Badole UR, Kar R, Jadon A. Role of regional analgesic techniques in ICU. Anaesth Pain &Intensiv Care 2018;22 Suppl1:S73-S82.
- Sahoo RK, Krishna C,Kumar M, Nair AS. Genicular nerve block for postoperative pain relief after total knee replacement. Saudi J Anaesth 2020;14: 235-7.
- Sahoo RK, Nair A. Implanted peripheral nerve stimulator- Another weapon for managing pain. Saudi J Anaesth 2020; 14:267-9.
- Sahoo RK, Peng PWH, Sharma SK. Ultrasound-guided hydrodissection for Baxter’s neuropathy secondary to plantar fasciitis: A case report. A APract 2020;14:e01339.
- Sahoo RK, Galluccio F, Chang K, Perez MF. Indications and future perspectives of a minimally invasive ultrasound-guided double-needle joint lavage. J Medical Ultrasound 2020;XX:XX-XX. (DOI: 10.4103/JMU-120-20
- Sahoo RK, Das G, Pathak L, Dutta D, Roy C, Bhatia A. Cryoneurolysis of Innervation to Sacroiliac Joints: Technical Description and Initial Results-A Case Series. AAPract. 2021 Mar 30;15(4):e01427. doi: 10.1213/XAA.0000000000001427. PMID: 33783380
- Sahoo RK, Jadon A, Nair A, Giri D, Ahmed A, Kar R. Superficial peroneal nerve entrapment neuropathy and role of pulsed radiofrequency neuromodulation.Agri 2021;00(0):00–00 doi: 10.14744/agri.2021.82856
- Rodrigues AT, Altinpulluk EY, Sahoo RK, et al. Beyond the Pericapsular Nerve Group (PENG) Block: A Narrative Review. Accepted in Turkish J Anaesthesiology& Reanimation.
B. NATIONAL :
- Sahoo RK, Jagannathan B, Palanichamy G, Natarajan V. Anaesthetic consideration in patients with Gorham’s syndrome: a case report and review of the literature. Ind J Anaesth 2012; 56:391-3.
- Sahoo RK, Dash SK, Raut PS, Badole UR, Upasani CB. Perioperative anaesthetic management of patients with Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy for Noncardiac surgery: A case series. Ann Card Anaesth 2010; 13:253-6.
- Nair AS, Sahoo RK. Efficacy of memantine hydrochloride in neuropathic pain. Indian J Palliat Care2019;25:161-2.
- Jadon A, Sahoo RK. Acute foot drop due to Piriformis Syndrome managed with Pulsed Radiofrequency: A Case Report. J Recent Adv Pain 2019;5(1): 24-26.
- Sahoo RK et al. Stellate ganglion block as rescue therapy in refractory electrical storm. Ann Card Anesth 2020; Oct-Dec issue DOI: 10.4103/aca.ACA_168_19
- Nair AS,Sahoo R. “Actipatch: Can it be a tool to empower chronic pain patients?” Indian J Palliat Care 2020;26:392-3.
- Sahoo RK, Kar R, Patel R, Kumar M, Giri D, Biswas M, et al. Pectoral-intercostal fascial plane block in chronic post-sternotomy pain. Ann Card Anaesth 2020 DOI:10.4103/aca.ACA_62_20.
- Sahoo RK, Kar R, Patel R, Jadon A. Low back pain from Bertolotti’s syndrome: A notsouncommon aetiology. Indian J Anaesth2020;64:729-31.
- Sahoo RK, Matche P, Lawange SA, Khanna S, et al. Ultrasound in Pain and Musculoskeletal Interventions: A Nation-wide survey of Practicing Pain Physicians. Indian J Pain2020;34:164-70.
- Sahoo RK, Jadon A, Sharma SK, Nair AS. Pericapsular nerve group (PENG) block for hip fractures: Another weapon in the armamentarium of anaesthesiologists. J AnaesthClinPharmacol 2021;37(2):295-296.
- Sahoo RK, Jadon A, Sharma SK, Peng PWH. Pericapsular Nerve Group (PENG) Block Provides Excellent Analgesia in Hip Fractures and Positioning for Spinal Anaesthesia: A Prospective Cohort Study. Indian J Anaesth2020;64:898-900.
- Sahoo RK, Jadon A, Dey S, Surange PN.COVID-19 and its impact on pain management practices: a nation-wide survey of Indian pain physicians. Indian J Anaesth2020;64:1067-73.
- Sahoo RK, Peng PWH. Role of ultrasound in chronic pain management (review article). Indian J Pain2020;34:151-9.
- Dey S, Rath SK, Surange P, Sahoo RK, Sharma G, Dev P. Pain physicians’ perspectives on chronic pain management during COVID-19 pandemic: An online survey. Indian J Pain2020;34:171-4.
- Jadon A, Ahmad A, Sahoo RK, Sinha N, Chakraborty S, Bakshi A. Efficacy of transmuscular quadratus lumborum block in the multimodal regimen for postoperative analgesia after total laparoscopic hysterectomy; a prospective randomised doubleblinded study. Indian J Anaesth. 2021;65(5):362-368.
- Sahoo RK, Jadon A, Satapathy GC, Sahu L. Flank pain from postherpetic neuralgia and role of erector spinae plane block. Indian J Pain2021;35:181-2.
- Jadon A, Mohsin K, Sahoo RK, Chakraborty S, Sinha N, Bakshi A. Comparison of supra-inguinal fascia iliaca versus pericapsular nerve block for ease of positioning during spinal anaesthesia: A randomized double-blinded trial. Indian J Anaesth2021;65:572-78.
- Sahoo RK. Phantom Limb Pain- Mechanism and Evidence based management. International J Regional Anaesthesia 2021 (Review article)
- Sahu L, Behera SK, Satapathy GC, Saxena S, Priyadarshini S, Sahoo RK. Comparision of analgesic efficacy of erector spinae and oblique subcostal transverse abdominis plane block in laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research 2021;15(9):UC09-UC13.
PRESENTATIONS & LECTURES
- DrSahoo has delivered more than 100 lectures at National and International Pain conferences
- DrSahoo has presented his research papers at New York, Toronto, Chicago and at various national level conferences
Neuron Pain & Spine Clinic
Neuron Pain & Spine Clinic was founded by internationally trained Spine, Pain and Palliative care specialist Dr. Rajendra Sahoo who had vast experience in practicing pain over one and half decade.
Condition We Treat
Pain & spine Clinic is utilization and availability of “Ultrasound Machine” which adds significant value in confirming diagnosis and management of various nerve-related, muscle, joint, ligament and bone pain.
Monday – Saturday
8 – 9.00AM (Morning)
5 – 8.00PM (Evening)
Dr Rajendra Sahoo is well known teacher at national and international level where he teaches and trains young Pain specialists on various aspects of pain assessment, diagnosis and latest treatment options.